Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hello, we are now ohioans

I apologize again for such a long time between posts. I am pretty much computer illiterate and am trying to get used to a new e-mail, using my parents' computer for now and trying to keep up with facebook. Miss all of you we left behind in Tennessee (including our house!) but it is nice being with the family. We really appreciate my parents letting us take over their house even though my mom follows my kids around with the vacuum cleaner all day. The girls are adjusting pretty well, the only problem being that they are getting too comfortable here and are having trouble minding. Isabella started school last week and is doing fine. She cried the first day for a while, but I expected that. She has had the whole summer attached to me, and what can I say, I am a terrific mom. I wouldn't want to be away from me either (ha ha). Seriously, I am so glad to be here and out of that house because I was the meanest mom all summer trying to keep the house clean and presentable. She did better on the second day (a few tears as I left and then totally fine). Now I am trying to convince her to take ballet, or swimming, or tennis, or ANYTHING. She definitely has separation issues. Today she said to me, "I am special in a horrible way." Well, maybe, but I also love her to pieces and think she's the greatest thing on earth (tied with her sister). I'll keep you updated on her progress. Noelle continues to develop her language skills and is talking in sentences. I can understand pretty much all that she says and everyone else can get about 75%. She has found many new things to climb on at grandma's house. We will be doing swim lessons and gym class this fall at the Y. Both girls are loving their grandmas' big flat yards to play in and the cooler weather. We have been outside more in these 2 weeks than we have all summer in sweltering TN. I am sure my opinion of Ohio weather will change once March comes and we are still having snow storms up here and the Tennessee dogwoods are blooming. Our house is still on the market as of this writing although we may have a prospect - I hate to say too much. We will be renting if we do not get an offer soon. Lots of lovely houses for sale here, don't know if we will buy or build, but we are excited to be moving into a home that we will raise our children in for most of their school age years. No pictures this time as my camera battery is dead and who knows where the charger is in my mess of boxes. Will try to have some next time. The kids still look the same, but Ben and myself have a little more gray hair due to all of this.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Spring and winter in TN is pretty nice...We miss eating doughnuts with the girls on Sunday!